Friday, June 28, 2013

48 hours and Counting




I am starting my Zambia blog tonight.  This is a heads up for those of you who wish to journey with me.  My desire is to be a frequent blogger but internet can be spotty at best (sometimes it works on one side of the hotel, other times the flip side).  Hmmm?

We leave Saturday about 7:00 p.m. to start our journey across the pond to London, then across the continent of Africa to settle in Zambia.  Last year it took 58+ hours until we drove into "The Dolphin Inn".  Baring unforeseen circumstances the process will be repeated.  Last year I saw this as an adventure, this year it is a journey and I hope new adventures await (the good kind).

My body is telling me that a vacation to some lush green island or scenic mountain range would be a better choice of time away.  But 'hey' I figure I will rest when eternity comes around.  In the between time my calling is to do what I can to help someone's life be just a little bit better.  So I say let the trip begin.

Why share this journey with you?  Because many of you will never have the privilege of this experience but you support Hands of Hope.  Because some of you like to have your adventures through the experiences of others.  Because it is important to let those of us who have 'so much'  be reminded of that fact.  Because these people, need to have their stories told so we can bring others along to help.  Perhaps that is you.

Tonight's post will be short and a heads up if you are interested in knowing more.  Feel free to ask questions and as I can I will respond.







No comments:

Post a Comment